Like most organizations, academic institutions typically do most of their purchasing in a few key budget windows during the year.  We were struggling to hit these windows. We had been developing targeted postcards and mailers with a long planning, printing and mailing cycle, and it was impacting lead generation performance.

We made several key changes which helped us to get out ahead of product launches. We accelerated mailings by using existing literature and cover letters. We also beefed up email marketing with faster, trackable promotions to content users (faculty) and librarian buyers. All activity was prioritized and timed to maximize billings impact. After a year  where we got ahead of three product launches, we generated more than $2.5 million in presales from new products.

Advertisements